Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's resolution

So I was able to fulfill 4 out of my 7 aims for Amateur Radio during 2013:

- I passed the Extra exam
- built a portable NVIS antenna
- expanded my portable solar and hand crank power solution
- installed and successfully used my mobile HF/ VHF/ UHF solution

But was unable to:
- go hiking/ operate portable at least 1x/ month (a devastating apartment building fire necessitating an emergncy move, passing a board exam, on call duties, did not make it easy..., valid excuses? I fear it will have to suffice)
- get proficient at CW @ 20 wpm (learning for my board exam and setting up a new program at my institution occupied my learning resources)
- organize jamboree on the air for the local boy scouts (regrettably the Little Rock Boy Scouts jamboree fell right into the time of my board exam... But interest was stirred by the Boy Scouts sufficiently, that they contacted a local club for other HAMs to aid them, so in essence, mission accomplished!)


So what's in store for 2014?

- CW @ 20 wpm
- operate /p at least once a month
- build a CERT group arranged around our local fire station (see my 2013 SET report)
- continue building RaDAR and AHDNN

I will thus stay busy. ...and you?

Happy New Year!

73 de Marcus NX5MK

No comments:

Post a Comment